This course is an extension course for Swim Teachers looking to gain specialist knowledge in teaching participants with a disability during aquatic activities.
Candidates attending this course should hold a current Swimming and Water Safety Teacher (Unit of competence SISSS00112) prior to attending.
It is assumed that participants are sufficiently physically fit and healthy to undertake this course. The following physical activities will occur during the course unless you advise of any physical difficulties or limitations: kneeling, bending over, crouching, standing, leaning, sitting, pushing, lifting weights, swimming long distances, towing, diving, carrying and other physical activity.
Course Cost: $280.00
- Existing Swim teacher Certificate (RLSS / AUSTSWIM / ASCTA) with Units of Competence SISCAQU002, SISCAQU008, SISCAQU009, SISCAQU010 & SISCAQU011.
- Reasonable communication, swimming & fitness is required
Course Length: One day (8 hours) (an additional 3 hours for CPR)
Minimum Age: 16 years old
Validity: 12 months (for CPR)
Unit(s) of Competence
This course includes training for a workplace setting and upon satisfaction completion of all assessment activities, a Statement of Attainment will be issued in the following Unit(s) of competence:
- HLTAID009 Perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (Optional)
- SISCAQU012 Assist participants with a disability during aquatic activities
- SISXDIS001 Facilitate inclusion for people with a disability
Please check with your employer or work place that these are the correct units of competence.
Please click on the button below to enrol in this course.
Please contact us for all enquiries and enrolments.
|There are presently no courses scheduled, please contact us, or check back soon.