Swim Teacher Licence
Royal Life Saving offers a Swim Teacher Licence which meets industry standards. This Licence is valid for three (3) years from the date of completion. The initial Licence is free for candidates who complete an RLSSQ Swim Teacher Course. A Licence fee is applicable for anyone who has obtained a current base qualification from an alternative provider.
Download the Licensee Handbook which contain all the information you need to know to become a licensed swim teacher.
Obtain a Swim Teacher Licence
Candidates require the following to submit a application for a license:
- Current SISSS00112 ‐ Swimming and Water Safety Teacher (e.g. RLSSQ Swim Teacher Course meets this requirement)
- Current HLTAID001 or HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certificate
- Current Working with Children Check (WWCC) / Positive Notice Blue card
- Minimum age of 17 years
Royal Life Saving may reject an application for a licence (or terminate/suspend a licensee) for any reason it chooses, including reasons such as conflict of interest, work history breach of our code of conduct and/or no longer being considered a fit and proper person.
Completed industry onboarding
Candidates require the following to submit a re‐registration request for a license
- SISSS00112 ‐ Swimming and Water Safety Teacher (e.g. RLSSQ Swim Teacher)
- Current HLTAID001 ‐ Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) qualification
- Current Working with Children Check (WWCC) or Positive Notice Blue card
- Demonstrated evidence of Professional Development and Practical Teacher Hours
License Application Form
License application forms (and other forms) are included in the Swim Teacher Licensee Handbook.
Note: Royal Life Saving reserves its right to transfer or assign Swim Teacher Licenses to another entity at a future date.