07) Bronze Medallion Award - Annual Re-Accreditation - Course ID #
2021P BM Re
The Royal Life Saving Bronze Medallion Re-Accreditation course is for participants that hold a current Royal Life Saving Bronze Medallion Award and are renewing before the expiry date.
Pre-requisite: Must hold a current Royal Life Saving Bronze Medallion Award
Minimum age: 14 years
Course Length: 11 hours
Units of Competency: Participants are issued with a re-accreditation of current units of competency
Re-Accreditation: 12 months
Level of English: A reasonable level of English is required to be able to complete this course successfully
Is this the right course for me? If you are unsure please call us on 3823 2823 or email email@example.com
for further assistance in choosing the right course for you.
The information provided here will assist you in deciding if the course selected is the right course for you.
It is assumed that participants are sufficiently physically fit and healthy to undertake this course. The following physical activities will occur during the course unless you advise of any physical difficulties or limitations: kneeling‚ bending over‚ crouching‚ standing, leaning, sitting, pushing, lifting weights, swimming long distances, towing, diving, carrying and other physical activity.
The specific requirements required for successful completion of the Bronze Medallion are:
- Performing 2 minutes Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation on an adult manikin on the ground
- Swimming 400m in under 13 minutes: 100m breaststroke, 100m survival backstroke (underwater arm recovery), 100m sidestroke and 100m freestyle
- 100m timed tow in under 3 minutes 15: 50m swim (any recognisable stroke), 50m tow of an unconscious casualty
Course dates close one week before the commencement of the course so that participants have sufficient time to complete all pre-course learning activities. Pre-course activities need to be completed before the start of the face-to-face component. The pre-course work will develop participants underpinning knowledge for the course to be undertaken.
Participants will require the following for the face-to-face component:
- Photo identification (i.e. Drivers Licence)
- Your Unique Student Identifier (www.usi.gov.au)
- Your manuals (if applicable)
- Appropriate clothing
- Any drinks‚ meals and/or snacks
Participants are required to complete a Pre-Cpurse Workbook before the face-to-face course. This may be completed online or paper-based. Your Trainer will provide you with the information to successfully complete your Pre-Course Workbook.
Participants are then required to attend the face-to-face component to complete the practical assessment.
|There are presently no courses scheduled, please contact us, or check back soon.