Course dates close one week before the commencement of the course so that participants have sufficient time to complete all pre-course learning activities. Pre-course learning activities need to be completed before the face-to-face component. The pre-course work will develop your underpinning knowledge for the course to be undertaken.
This course is offered in two formats':
- Blended Learning: Student complete learning (knowledge content) and assessment online prior to attending a face-to-face practical session
- Traditional Face-to-Face Course: Student are provided a pre-course workbook with information and questions to complete, prior to attended a face-to-face session where your trainer will cover both theory and practical components.
Participants will require to bring the following to the face-to-face component:
- Photo Identification (i.e. Drivers Licence)
- Your Unique Student Identifier (www.usi.gov.au)
- Appropriate Clothing
- Any drinks‚ meals and/or snacks
If you have a medical condition, which the trainer should be aware of, please notify him/her prior to the commencement of the course. Prior to attending the course, you are also required to read the Code of Practice located on our website www.rlssq.com.au under Public Courses.
Participants will require a level of English to be able to give and receive instructions, read signage, read manuals and complete reports.
To complete this course requires the participant to satisfactorily undertake CPR on a manikin on the ground (as a mandatory activity), please speak with us if you have any physical limitations (that may hinder you completing the practical components of the course) as this course may not be suitable for you.